- What is “energy”? Create a piece that communicates your relationship to energy.
My energy is a relationship with stray cats in my neighborhood. There I five cats I feed, and especially two of them are very special for me like my babies. I really want to adopt them but I could not afford it now. Since I have started this relationship with two cats, my life was totally changed and taking care of them became the biggest and most important part of my daily life. Those two are my happiness and I learn true love from taking care of them. I started to learn about cats and expand my experience for them. These days, one of them limped his one leg and could not step on the ground. I emailed to clinics and societies for help and founded the way to save his life. The cats made me do what I did not before.
So, I decided to make a bracelet with cat food to represent my energy with cats are always with me, and to show my hands with scars from cats.
2. Keep a log of all your “waste” and propose alternatives to your consumption/waste patterns.
Most of my waste was something related to food such as plastic bags after shopping or food packages. And a disposable coffee cups were one of the bog part.
My alternatives to reduce this waste would be…
- Bring a shopper bag for grocery shopping instead of using a plastic bag
- Bring a lunchbox for school instead of eating out. This is also good way to save money.
- Order coffee in a mug when I stay in a cafe. This is what I do when I go to a cafe not to waste a disposable cup. But I feel this is not enough and I should bring a tumbler.
- Sometimes I use a food package as a cat food tray or a container on a desk. This was the transformation of a food package to brush container. I also got color sheets from the junk shelf at ITP.