For making a self-portrait with my data, I thought about components consisting of me. And I felt my data are like nutrients consisting of my body. Even my major in my undergraduate was Food & Nutrition, so I thought to represent myself in the way of nutrition facts like food was an interesting idea to convey data about me.
Step 1. Data about me
- characters from my nationality
- my personal characteristics
- what I like
- experience (mostly from the last two weeks)
Step 2. Creating concept
The next step was creating a concept of the representation. As my basic idea, I thought about several options such as drinks, box, eggs package etc. Finally, I chose a disposable coffee which people consume almost every day and need it that much.
Step 3. Choosing data to use and materials to represent it
- Korean => Spice pepper powder which is the most used for Korean cooking
- my characteristics: a little bit weak in body these days=> pills
- what I like: cats, => cat food / drawing/illustration => papers, erasers and pencils
Step 4. Making